If you are genuinely serious about having to brew your coffee your way at home, you might consider having your favorite coffee beans or pre-ground coffee.
Either way, you have to weigh the coffee grounds so you don’t end up guessing the exact amount of coffee the next time you brew.
There are lots of choices in buying a coffee scale; you can either choose a coffee scale with a timer, the best digital, a budget coffee scale, or the best for pour-overs.
But you don’t have to go farther just to look for the right coffee scale. After thorough research, we came up with these best coffee scale reviews to narrow down your choices.
With great pleasure, we present to you 5 of the best coffee scales that you can easily find on online stores. Just read on and pick your best shot!
5 Best Coffee Scales Reviews 2019
1. Etekcity Food Digital Kitchen Scale Stainless Steel
One of the hottest-selling digital scales on Amazon is the Etekcity Food Digital Kitchen Scale. This stainless steel and battery-operated scale are ideal to use on your kitchen as it can measure certain volumes of liquids, such as milk and water, so you can brew your coffee accurately.
It is also a perfect pour-over coffee scale that can precisely measure grounds or whole beans. The Etekcity Food Digital Scale has a capacity of 5 kg (11 lbs.) which can precisely measure to the nearest 1 gram.
The accuracy of this weighing scale is via built-in 4 high-precision sensors. The scale can measure in both ounces and grams and it is pre-calibrated in the factory.
The easy to use Etekcity Scale is multifunctional as it can measure unit between ounces (oz.), grams (gm.), milliliter (mL), and pounds (lbs.). The backlit display is so clear you can see it from a distance.
- This scale uses 2 AAA batteries.
- Has a stainless steel platform.
- Easy to clean, just wipe off debris.
- Compact and portable.
- Does not include spare batteries.
- Accuracy is just to the nearest gram.
2. Hario V60 Drip Coffee Scale & Timer
If you are seeking a coffee scale that can be used for pour-over and drip coffees, the high-precision Hario V60 Drip Coffee Scale with a timer. The Hario coffee scale is also the best scale for Chemex coffee makers.
Nothing can beat the accuracy of the Hario V60 coffee scale as it can measure weight up to the closest 0.1 gram. Moreover, this drip coffee scale has a unique drip timer which can help you achieve the best bloom time on each pour.
More baristas use the Hario V60 Drip Coffee Scale because it is the best to use for those who want powerful and precise coffee blends. It is compact and portable which is easy to bring anywhere inside the house or outdoors.
- With auto power-off function if not in use for 5 minutes (if the timer is on).
- Uses 2 AAA batteries which are included in the package.
- A high-precision weighing scale.
- Easy to use and clean; no need to wash.
- With a hefty price compared to a regular coffee scale.
- No spare batteries included.
- No backlight.
3. Greater Goods Digital Food Scale Multifunction
We just found out that the Greater Goods Digital Food Scale has more than 10,000 buyers on Amazon for the past weeks. But can you blame the coffee enthusiasts who want to buy the best budget coffee scale on our list?
This digital coffee scale has a graduation of 1 gram and a capacity of 11 lbs. (5 kg). You can easily read the high-contrast LED display as it is larger than any coffee scale of its class.
The Greater Goods Digital Scale’s cheap price but the high-quality performance makes this little wonder one of the fastest-selling coffee scales in the market. Its low price point makes this reliable weighing scale also the number brand on online stores.
- Comes in 3 colors: Ash Grey, Black Glass, and Stainless Steel Silver.
- With a scratch-resistant base for durability.
- Reliable sensors and base.
- Switching units are so easy to do.
- The cheapest brand in this category.
- Made in plastics but BPA-free.
- Precision is at only 1 gram.
4. Brewista Smart Scale II for Espresso and Kitchen Scale BSSRB2
If you want to arm your kitchen with the most versatile coffee scale, the Brewista Smart Scale II is the best kitchen scale for coffee. This coffee scale for espresso and the kitchen is the favorite to use both expert and amateur baristas.
You can count to the precision of this coffee scale as it is accurate up to 0.1 grams. By this, you get the perfect amount of coffee for your favorite brew.
This small weighing scale, which is only 4 inches wide and 5 inches in length, makes it more practical for small kitchen. The compact design also gives it the ease of storage and portability.
But what separates Brewista Smart Scale to other coffee scales is that it uses a USB rechargeable battery. The tiny coffee scale has multiple, pre-programmable modes with different automatic features that are primarily designed to weigh coffee for different brewing techniques.
- With a silicone protective pad.
- Easy to read LCD backlit display.
- With a rechargeable battery.
- Features 6 easy to use modes.
- More expensive compared to other brands.
5. Ozeri Pronto Digital ZKS14-S Multifunction Food Scale
One of the best digital scales for coffee is the Ozeri Pronto. With a unique circular design, the Ozeri Pronto Digital Food Scale is the top choice for coffee fanatics.
With a price just right for budget-conscious coffee fiends, the Ozeri Pronto can make a lot of difference in weighing coffee and other food. It’s a great companion in your kitchen and even the office’s kitchenette.
The scale has a capacity of 11.4 lbs. (5170 grams) and graduation of 0.05 oz. (1 gram). It has an automatic unit button that instantly converts within 5 units of weights; such as grams, lbs., lbs. and oz., oz., ml.
You can easily see the conversion with an easy-to-read LCD screen right at the bottom of the platform.
It also has a Precision Tare button where you can calculate the tare weight of your coffee and other food items as the machine will subtract the weight of the container giving you the net weight.
- Big and chrome-finished platform.
- Runs from 2 AAA batteries (included in purchase).
- Has auto power-off function after 2 minutes on idle mode.
- Easy to clean and store.
- Bulkier and heavier than ordinary weighing scales.
- Best to use is AAA Polaroid batteries.
- No spare batteries provided.
We think that we have solved your problem of measuring the accurate amount of coffee that should fit your brew. With these best coffee scales, you can now know the exact amount of coffee you desire.
You don’t have to guess anymore!